Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Suggestions to improve playgrounds (Gavin )

Pasir Ris Secondary Shool
390 Tampines street 21
Singapore 529400

Mr Mah Bow Tan
Minister for National Development
Member of Tampines GRC

Dear Mr Tan

Proposal of playground suggestions
I am a student from Pasir Ris Secondary School and I live in a region of Bedok Reservoir. I am writing this letter to you to give some suggestions and feedbacks about the current playgroundin the Tampines Avenue.

The playgrounds are very fun and it always reminds me of the good childhood times I had, but I think the kids these days have changed. They are exposed to more things and their expectations are also higher, so we need to start to change the playgrounds design and the technology, the current playgrounds design and the technology is still alright but I think that if the playground would make something new, the kids will like it as they will not has seen a playground like a new one.

Our school have given us a project to improve our current playground. They also elaborate it and ask to reach out to the standards of the disabled children. Children that are suffering visually impaired, downs syndrome and some other examples. My group has chosen to work on the needs of downs syndrome children. We found out thatdowns syndrome children require additional features for the playground. One of these features is that the playground must be safe. There must be soft floor paddind and the walls must also be padded, or if a child falls, he might get injured. Children also like different bright colours, so the playground must be very colourful. We haved designed alot of safe and fun features for our playground.

I hope you will consider my suggestions and feedback.

Yours sincerely,
Seah Yong Chiang, Class 2e6